- 2019May. 2014Senior Software EngineerFreelance
- Aug. 2013Mar. 2013Senior Software EngineerItaltelShort consultancy activity for an italian BigData and NLP solutions provider. Developed a web spidering tool for collecting articles from main italian newspaper portals. Main technologies used: Scala & Akka framework.
- Feb. 2013Nov. 2012Senior Software EngineerItaltelDevelopment of a web application for Telecom Italia, in the context of new commercial offers related to their Cloud services for top business customers. The initial prototype can create and setup services and visualize their performance data (real-time charts). Main technologies used: JSF2 (PrimeFaces v3.4), JDK 1.6, CSS3, jQuery
- Oct. 2012Feb. 2012Senior Analyst & Software DeveloperItaltelAnalysis, development and team leading activities for a brand new SQL Reporting Tool system (final customer Fastweb SpA). The tool is fully web 2.0 compliant. Technologies used: JSF 2, Ajax, Spring 3, Hibernate 3.5
- Jan. 2012Jan. 2011Senior Java DeveloperItaltelEnhance existing Italtel software system (iSCM, Italtel Softswitch provisioning subsystem) to accommodate new requirements.
- Dec. 2010Sep. 2010Support EngineerItaltelInvolved in the validation and troubleshooting process for a charging gateway system part of an overall Italtel solution. The solution goal is extracting the intelligent charging and DPI functionalities from the GGSN platform. The activity is fully done at customer test labs (Rio de Janeiro, Brasil).
- Aug. 2010Jan. 2009Team Developer LeadItaltelManaged a team of developers and graphic designers in the design and implementation of a three-tiered j2ee web-based network management system. The system (iNEM) was implemented starting from open-source products (Hyperic, OpenNMS,..). I took part in the implementation for Performance and Fault modules of the system.
- Dec. 2008Feb. 2007Senior Analyst ConsultantItaltelJoined the Provisioning and SIM Management Analysis Unit in Vodafone Italia. The activity concerns the cost and effort estimation, related to network service provisioning and sim management activities (required software developments and hardware upgrades) for each new Vodafone commercial offer.
- Jan. 2007Nov. 2006Software Engineer ConsultantItaltelTaking part in an internal project as a consultant in Fastweb (Italian service provider). The system had to manage all the internal business flows and coordinate/integrate the different systems. I did support software development and technical writing activities. Vitria was used as middleware infrastructure.
- Oct. 2006Jan. 2005Software Engineer ConsultantItaltelWorking as a consultant for CISCO Systems (photonic division) in their craft terminal (CTC) improvement process. The terminal is Java Swing based, and the project involves 550 developers from all around the world.
- Dec. 2004Oct. 2004Software Engineer ConsultantItaltelAnalysis, Development and Testing of a SOAP/HTTP gateway for the publication of Telecom Italia TTM (trouble ticketing management) services to their business customers. The system was fully developed through web services using TIBCO BusinessWorks.
- Sep. 2004Apr. 2004Software EngineerItaltelTaking part in a big project for Vodafone Italia. An MMS Gateway for VASP Vodafone customers. Integrating billing, management, mms engine, reporting, storage, mm7 input subsystems was a great challenge. TIBCO products suite was used as infrastructure for the whole system.
- Mar. 2004Aug. 2003Project LeaderONE-ANSManaged (project leading and customer relations activities) and took part in the implementation of a web based (JSP technology) multimedia messaging system for Vodafone promotional and marketing MMS creation and distribution.
- Jul. 2003Jul. 2002Project Leader ConsultantONE-ANSTeam leading (3 Java developers) and development tasks in renewing (JSP technology) BPL Net (Banca Popolare di Lodi IT division) home banking & trading portal.
- Jun. 2002Jan. 2002Product ManagerAdvanced Network SolutionsResponsible for all sales activities within an assigned product line (Service Fulfillment) including product marketing material preparation and presentation, proposal creation, price quotation.
- Dic. 2001Dic. 2000Project Leader ConsultantAdvanced Network SolutionsSupported and directed 5 software developers in implementing and maintaining a web-based service provisioning system for Fastweb S.p.A. (e-Biscom group), an emerging italian fiber optic SP. This system is currently used by Fastweb provisioning and customer care groups to automate the activation process for residential and business customers, interfacing itself to the Order Management System and to a DHCP Server.
- Nov. 2000Aug. 2000Software EngineerAdvanced Network SolutionsInvolved in the development and integration of a prototyped SNMP Manager in CISCO Photonics's WaveIQ product (Q3 network Manager).
- Jul. 2000Apr. 1999Software Engineer ConsultantAdvanced Network SolutionsWorked in DSET Corp., located in Bridgewater NJ (USA), as an ANS consultant, joining their development and testing teams to cooperate in building LSMSv2.0/3.0 part of DSET's Local Number Portability solutions that enable business and residential customers to change service providers without changing their local phone numbers.
- Mar. 1999Sep. 1998Junior Software EngineerSpazio ZeroUnoThe assigned activity was related to the definition of a distributed object-oriented environment and fast prototyping development to evaluate new CORBA/Java technologies in TMN applications. The goal of this research was a comparative analysis, in terms of performance and development effort, between CORBA/CMIP gateway DSET (OMG-TMF-JIDM standard) and Sun Java Dynamic Management Kit solutions.
- 19981997Master in Information TechnologyUniversity of Milan, CEFRIELNetwork Systems, Network Management: ATM, TCP/IP, SNMP and CMIP protocols, TMN, Web based network management. Personal mobile communication: GSM, DECT, third generation of mobile communication systems (UMTS). Multimedia and Hypermedia information systems: design for multimedia and hypermedia applications: RMN and HDM, Information Retrieval. Software Engineering: Object Oriented Analysis and Design, testing and debugging through case tools (Easy Case, Rational Rose UML).
- 19971990Degree in Computer ScienceUniversity of MilanThesis: "Emerging paradigms of Web Based Management: development of a prototype based on Java Management APIs"
- 19901985Bachelor of Science (BS)Scientific College G.Bruno
- May 2018Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 ProgrammerOracle
- Apr. 2017Pivotal Certified Spring Professional v4.2Pivotal
- Dec. 2015Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Component DeveloperOracle
- Apr. 2015Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 ProgrammerOracle
- Feb. 2015Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 ProgrammerOracle
- 2017Core Spring v4.3.aPivotal
- 2016MongoDB for Java developers (M101J)MongoDB University Online
- 2016Professional Scrum Master I (PSM-I)PSM Teacher
- 2005TIBCO Enterprise Bootcamp (AE601)TIBCO
My Technical Skills
My technical skills vary a lot because I have been working in various contexts and with different roles. These below are just the main tools used during my 20 years career. For a detailed journey please refer to my resume.
My Language Skills
My english is very good. I have been living abroad for quite a few time and that helped.